Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Ballad of the Prosperity Preacher

VERSE 1
“All to Jesus I surrender.”
That is what I preach out loud.
My Mercedes and my Jaguar
Parked beside my mansion now.

VERSE 2
Some to Jesus I surrender.
“Give to get!” becomes my theme.
“Sow a seed...financial harvest”:
Twisted message...selfish dreams.

CHORUS 1
I surrender some:
Demanding You to come!
“I bind You, Lord! You must obey me!”
I surrender some.

VERSE 3
Some to Jesus I surrender.
Preaching only “Give to get!”
I will ever seek more riches.
Have no mercy: no regret.

VERSE 4
Some to Jesus I surrender,
Only giving to receive.
I preach “God wants Christians wealthy!”
“Name it! Claim it: and receive!”

CHORUS 2
I surrender some:
Declaring ‘Wealth will come!”
Riches are my Lord and Master!
I surrender some.

VERSE 5
Some to Jesus I surrender:
The rest is used to buy more homes.
Doctrines taught to prompt more giving:
The Gospel barely even shown.

VERSE 6
Some to Jesus I surrender.
Mention Him to get the crowds.
Fame and fortune are my motives,
Never to be said out loud.

CHORUS 3
I surrender some.
To my conference come!
Multi million dollar profits:
Boy...the sheep are dumb!

VERSE 7
Some to Jesus I surrender .
Scripture out of context preached.
Stories told promote the offering.
Greedy crowds...yet no lost reached.

VERSE 8
Some to Jesus I surrender.
Truth is mixed with secret lies.
Poison taken in small doses
Hides the signs the body dies.

CHORUS 4
Surrender…”Why?” I say.
God made me this way!
Seeking wealth is now my passion!
“Sow your seed today!”

VERSE 9
Less and less I now surrender:
Truth becomes a seldom thing.
The voice of God replaced by my word.
Lack of truth deception brings.

VERSE 10
Less and less I now surrender.
I am now almost a god!
Anything I say is gospel!
The Truth now barely gets a nod.

VERSE 11
Barely now do I surrender.
Pride has blinded wisdom now.
Books and CDs quickly selling!
Blinded sheep before me bow!

CHORUS 5
Truth has gone astray!
Greed now rules the day!
“You can live in greed and lust now!”
“Prosperity’s the way!”

VERSE 12
I no longer will surrender.
I've become top dog in Church!
I'm declared "The Nation's Preacher"
I will never leave my perch!

VERSE 13
None to Jesus I surrender.
I preach “Wealth!” and call it “Love!”
I got rich from bilking others,
Claiming it came from above.

VERSE 14
All the sheep to me surrender.
Discernment now does not exist.
Bible knowledge nonexistent.
No one sees something's amiss!

CHORUS 6
Surrender now today!
Bow to what I say!
I’ve become a famous preacher,
So don’t get in my way!

VERSE 15
All my critics should surrender!
My word has become the norm!
No one sees the sand beneath me!
No one sees the coming storm!

VERSE 16
Scriptures taken out of context.
Doctrines taught not truly Word.
Deception reigns...Satanic darkness:
Truth is rarely ever heard!

VERSE 17
None to Jesus...all for me now!
I will live in lavish style.
I claim “Jesus is my Master!”
Missing heaven by a mile!

CHORUS 7
I surrender none!
Satan has now won!
Mention Jesus for effect now:
Transformation done!

VERSE 18
Homes and cars…my private airplane:
All to me I truly give!
No one seems to notice one thing:
I got rich from “To me give!”

VERSE 19
I have all I want and need now.
I have served the god of wealth!
All my riches can’t prevent the
Lack of truth and lack of health!

VERSE 20
All I’ve preached has been one big lie:
Riches did not greed fulfill!
I bought Satan’s lies of riches:
Turned away from God’s true will.

CHORUS 8
I surrendered none
And now my life is done.
"Depart from Me. I never knew you."
I never served the Son!

CHORUS 9
I surrendered none
You think I have won
The lake of fire my destination
God...what have I done!?

CHORUS 10
Eternity is lost!
Much too great a cost!
Greed and gain were not my savior!
Now my soul is lost!

VERSE 21
Why to Satan I surrendered,
Why the lies I lived and preached?
Earthly gain is not the answer!
Now its you I want to reach!

VERSE 22
You cannot serve God and money!
Jesus Christ should be your goal!
Do not bow to gods of mammon,
Sacrificing your own soul!

CHORUS 11
Stop the word of greed:
That's not what you need!
Seek ye first the Lord and Savior!
From deception flee!

CHORUS 12
Jesus is the way!
Read His Word and pray!
Stay away from greed and gain now.
Seek God first today!

CHORUS 13
Narrow is the way:
Take that path today.
Do not preach a greedy gospel!
Oh…the price you’ll pay!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment